1. Contemporary kitchens offer a clean and cohesive look highlighted by modern appliances and current accents to finish the space.
2. The kitchen cabinets built for a contemporary design primarily have flush-mount doors and smooth panels. This cabinet style works well with built-in appliances to provide a sleek look.
3. Stylish and modern appliances. Most contemporary spaces are enhanced by built-in appliances, modern range hoods and other technological gadgets that are equally valuable in performance and design.
4. Contemporary kitchen design offers greater freedom when selecting countertop surfaces. This includes using concrete or quartz countertops that offer a natural stone look without the needed maintenance. At Magnum Kitchens, we recommend using Cambria Quartz surfaces for the highest quality and value.
5. Unique backsplashes. In contemporary spaces, different backsplash materials and patterns are encouraged. Some popular suggestions include glass tiles, mosaic stone or ceramic patterns.
6. Updated accessories and decorative lighting. A contemporary kitchen is the place to show off the best in current accents and lighting. This includes LED under-cabinet lighting, in-glass lighting and stunning light pendants. It also incorporates innovations like hidden storage units and pull out drawers.
7. Rich colour scheme. Most contemporary kitchen designs lean toward dark colours, stone and wood but they also work with a lighter palette. This includes using birch or white cabinets paired with a lighter countertop surface.
For more on contemporary kitchen design, use these helpful links: Kitchen Workbook: 6 Elements of a Contemporary Kitchen and Designing a Contemporary Kitchen